Dublin GasWorks ensures its employees receive training in the proper handling of personal information. Access to information held by us is limited to authorised people on a strict need-to-know basis relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
Information Dublin Gasworks collects
We collect information to provide better services to all our users
You provide us with personal information that includes:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Information of your property including photographs
- NPRN Number
- Property ID Number
- Credit card details
We collect this information when you are requesting a service from Dublin Gasworks.
We use data to build better services
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services, like your phone number to contact you to understand the type of service you need.
Maintain & improve our services
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services.
Develop new services
We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones. For example, understanding what people are searching for in our web.
Personal information is collected from you in the following ways:
- Through our website enquiry forms (www.dublingasworks.com)
- By phone, written and email communication to our customer service and sales staff.
- By camera and physical survey when completing an onsite survey of a customer’s property.
- By camera and physical inspection by our installers and Project Managers during installation.
- By camera and physical inspection by our quality administration during our quality validation process.
- By phone, written and email communication to our accounts staff.
We collect most of this information directly from the individuals that we interact with, when they contact us in writing, by telephone or electronically (by email, using our website or on social media).
Securing your Personal Data
We work hard to protect you and Dublin Gasworks from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Dublin Gasworks employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
In some cases, we retain data for limited periods when it needs to be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Compliance & cooperation with regulators
If European Union (EU) data protection law applies to the processing of your information, we provide the controls described in this policy so you can exercise your right to request access to, update, remove, and restrict the processing of your information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or export your information to another service.
We process your information for the purposes described in this policy, based on the following legal grounds:
With your consent
We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we’re providing a service
We process your data to provide a service you’ve asked for under a contract.
When we’re complying with legal obligation
Access to Personal Information
All data subjects have the right to be given a copy of information held by Dublin Gasworks about you. Requests will be processed free of charge where possible. However if deemed necessary, we may charge a small fee which will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. This fee will not exceed 6.35euro.
We will provide the requested information to you within 1 month of the receipt of a valid request in writing. Response will be given in electronic form unless otherwise requested.
All subject access requests can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to
B2 Riverview Business Park, Nangor Road Dublin 12, TN99,
Changes to this policy
Enquiries and Complaints
Information about the ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I. 336 of 2011) and the EU e Privacy Directive 2002/58/EC legislation and GDPR is available from the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, Ireland.
If for any reason you have a complaint about Dublin Gasworks use of your personal information, or you are unhappy in any way with the information we provide to you, we would like you to contact us directly so that we can address your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of Data Protection Commissioner by
Lo Call 1890 25 22 31,
Phone 00353 57 868 4800,
Fax 00353 57 868 4757,
By visiting the website www.dataprotection.ie